Using Water Workouts For Your Abs
Water workouts are known to be great for cardiovascular endurance. But did you know that water workouts are also terrific for muscle tone, particularly around your abs?
Water workouts are great multipliers of the benefits you already get from your regular abdominal routine. On the other hand, if you have not established a regular abs workout, you can jumpstart your spot training with the following water workouts.
You will need a buoyancy belt or a pair of aquatic dumbbells. With a buoyancy or water exercise belt, you will be able to maintain a vertical position without putting any stress on your back throughout these water workouts.
On the other hand, aquatic dumbbells can perform the same function while being more versatile because they allow a greater variety of positions for your water workouts. Their only disadvantage is that your hands are not free.
The Jack Knife
* Recline in the water, hips submerged, lower part of legs on surface.
* Concentrating all effort on your abs, curl forward, lifting chest to knees.
* As your abdominal muscles gain strength, try to keep your legs straight, not changing lower leg position.
* Try to repeat 6 times, or until you feel a burn in your abs.
* Recline in the water, hips submerged, knees bent, lower part of legs on surface.
* Concentrating all effort on your abs, curl forward, chest and knees meeting in a crunch.
* Extend, repeat 6 times.
* Perform the double-knee crunch, but this time lie in the water face down.
* With dumbbells at your sides, pull bent knees up towards chest, tensing your abs.
* Extend legs, tensing buttocks.
* Repeat 6 times.
* Lie on your side, knees bent towards chest.
* Pulling your upper and lower body to your waist, crunch your side.
* Alternate sides.
* Recline in the water, legs together, knees bent.
* Keeping legs together, twist knees to your side.
* Twist to the other side, alternating.
* Assume a vertical position.
* Press the bottoms of your feet together, knees turned out from hips.
* Lift heel then lower, tensing buttocks on lowering motion.
As you build strength, and increase the frequency and intensity of your water workouts, you will notice a flattering and improving tone in your abdominal muscles!
Featured Water Workouts Articles
- The Link between Yoga, Mindfulness, and Weight Loss
Across the Globe, nutritional and fitness experts are baffled at the results of a study, conducted by researchers at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle. Dr. Alan R. Kristal, the lead...
- The Basic Yoga Positions for Beginners
Yoga positions for beginners are so easy to learn. If you have not experienced any yoga session or have not seen one, that is not a problem. Practitioners have talked about the unification of the mind,...
Related water workouts information
Quality Water Filters
Water Filters and all kinds of Water Filters for Purification and Filteration of Whole House Water, Shower Water, replacement water filters, Counter Top Water Filters, Under Counter Water Kit, Drinking Water & Hard Water using Rhino Water Filters and Aquasana Filters. (PRWEB) January1,006 -- Water filters are the equipments installed at the houses, offices or at any place where water is being used. They clean the impure water from the impurities and chlorine making water fit for drinking. Water is...
Water purity has become a concern for every household and business. Everyone wants to drink clean and pure water so that they can resist all the water born diseases. This grown consciousness has led to the emergence of various water filtration systems which not only cleanse the water but also eradicates bad smell from it. Nowadays, many water filter producing companies have started introducing various advanced water filtration systems so that everyone can get the pure drinking water. At the...
Grand Water Company Opens its doors in Hanover
The Grand water Company has opened another store in Hanover, Ontario. Here at the Grand Water Company we specialize in the sale of Jacuzzi Premium Hot Tubs, we also sell Columbia Sports Apparel, and we sell Water Coolers and Bottled Water You can reach the Grand Water Company at (519)69-2319, or (519)64-0084. Our website address is: www.grandwater.ca ...